Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bloggiesta: Day 3

Well, I've gotten caught up on Poetry Log postings. I'm happy about that.

I've decided on a twitter strategy:
1. One the weekend find 3-5 lines of poetry to tweet during the week.
2. Post a link to Poetry Log when I've posted something interesting there.
3. Post links to hubpages lit articles.
4. Post a link to my facebook page once a week.

And I've come up with a once-a-week strategy for my facebook page as well:
1. On status, put links to any poetry-related postings I've done for the week.
2. In discussion, put a synopsis of the week's Poetry Log books, including:
A. a general statement about the 5 books
B. for each: Day, date, title, author
C. a statement inviting people to view the posts and comment

One thing I have continued to procrastinate on is signing up on weebly. Setting that up just seems like too big a project right now. I want to move Poetry Log there eventually but for now, I'm stuck doing something rather predictable and one-dimensional and might as well keep it on wordpress. I also want to create an ESL website on weebly and this I need to think through a little better before jumping in.

Both my twitter and my facebook strategies necessitate employing tiny url, so that's a goal that has grown out of this Bloggiesta.

In general, I'm happy with what I've accomplished with the time I've had and I look forward to the next Bloggiesta. I hope by that time I'm ready to tackle some of the more technical aspects of spicing up my blogs.

No comments: