Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bloggiesta: Day 2

Well, I can't call myself proud. I've let too many distractions distract me. However, I am plugging away at the goals.

One thing I've discovered is that writing a critical assessment of a book of poetry really takes me a lot of time. This may be the most important self-knowledge I come away with from Bloggiesta. I'm not one to whip things out. I'll be lucky to complete one critical blog a week. I can hope that the repeated mental exercise will eventually make it easier and quicker, but I'm not going to be winning any races at this or saturating hubpages and thus create a decent residual income in a year. I need to accept my inner turtleness and accept my limitations.

But I needn't necessarily accept defeat. I'm a fan of individual poems and writing about individual poems may be the best way for me add to my blog consistency. Maybe write on a larger work once a week and a single poem once a week. I'll have to play with the mix to see what works.

For tomorrow, my main project is to get caught up on Poetry Log (poetrylog.wordpress.com). By caught up, I mean scheduling posts through the rest of this coming week. I've got three more to go. These are smaller, easier posts than those mentioned above because I'm assessing whether the books belong in our library rather than giving a general review of them. Most of my other goals for bloggiesta are ones regarding thinking about what I want to do, planning rather than writing, so perhaps I'll come close to meeting my goals despite getting a slow start.

No comments: